Doctrine of Aim Church
What does Aim Church believe?
First, we are Christians, which distinguishes us from other world religions (e.g. Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, and Judaism) and cults (e.g. Jehovah’s Witness and Mormonism).
Second, we are historically baptistic and reformed in faith and we are in agreement with the statements of faith listed below:
• We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
• We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
• We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
• We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
• We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life or they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
• We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
• We believe that the salvation was predestined by God in eternity past.
• We believe that the salvation was accomplished by the sinless life, substitutionary atoning death, and literal physical resurrection of Jesus Christ in place of His people for their sins.
• We believe that the salvation by God’s grace alone shows forth in the ongoing repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ that leads to good works.
• We believe that God’s saving grace is ultimately irresistible and that God does eventually soften even the hardest heart and save the worst of sinners according to His will.
• We believe that salvation happens by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone, according to scripture alone, all for the glory of God alone.
• We believe that the 66 books of the Old and New Testament are the inerrant word of God and highest authority over all other forms of revelation.
• We believe that our church must be faithful to the content of unchanging Biblical doctrine (Jude 3).
• We believe that, by the power of God in us, obedience and faithfulness to him and his word produces the fruit of sanctification, mission, and biblical community.
• We believe that our church must be faithful to the continually changing context of the culture(s) in which we minister (1 Corinthians 9:19-23).
• We believe that one aspect of our mission is to bring people into church gatherings so that they can see and meet Jesus and be trained to go out into their culture as effective missionaries for Him using the gifts and talents God has given them.
• We believe that the church exists for the redemption of both people and cultures in an effort to have everyone and everything subject to God.
• We believe that local churches should be actively involved in the planting of new churches.
• We believe that God created the heavens and the earth.
• We believe that God created man and woman in a state of sinless perfection with particular dignity as His image bearers on the earth.
• We believe that our first parents sinned against God and that everyone since is a sinner by nature and choice. Sin has totally affected all of creation including marring human image and likeness so that all of our being is stained by sin (e.g. reasoning, desires, and emotions).
• We believe that because all people have sinned and separated themselves from the Holy God that he is obligated to save no one from the just deserved punishments of hell. We also believe that God in His unparalleled love and mercy has chosen to save some people for Himself.
• We believe that the gospel should be passionately and urgently proclaimed to all people so that all who believe may be saved through the preaching of God’s Word by the power of God’s Spirit.
• We believe that there is no opportunity for salvation following death.
• We believe that true Christians born again of God’s Spirit will be kept by God throughout their life, as evidenced by personal sanctification that includes an ever-growing love of God the Father through God the Son by God the Spirit, love of brothers and sisters in the church, and love of lost neighbors in the culture.
• We believe that God is Lord over all of life and that there is nothing in life that is to be separated from God.
• We believe that the worship of God is the end for which people were created and that abiding joy is only to be found by delighting in God through all of life, including hardship and death which is gain.
• We believe that Jesus is coming again to judge all peoples. We believe that those who have repented of sin and trusted in Jesus for their salvation will spend eternity in His heavenly kingdom. We believe that those who have not repented of sin and trusted in Jesus for their salvation will spend eternity in the conscious torments of hell.
- We hold that these above-mentioned beliefs will have daily, practical, physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual ramifications and outcomes in our lives and the lives of those around us. We learn and practice faith in our core values:
- CLICK HERE to read a copy of our Member Covenant